Saturday, August 7, 2010

SCRAMBLED EGGS

Here's the thought process. I need to write on my blog. It's been so long and I just haven't felt the urge. Nothing really interesting to write about. From there my mind went to...."I need to eat an egg. I haven't eaten an egg in like a month and my body is telling me...have an egg".  I then thought how great to be so in tune with your body that it can speak to you and let you know what it needs to consume for your optimal health. It's the voice of the Holy Spirit that guides and directs your path and it is such a comforting way to live.  If I trust it and stay on track, I can be sure of success. So eggs it will be this morning. It's been like killing two birds with one stone; the mind of Christ gave me something to write about as well as making my body happy.  Interesting how that all happens. All it takes is a second or two of surrender to the nudge of Spirit to begin.  Seems like your flesh is fighting you tooth and nail. There is a moment every minute of the day where we make a choice to live out of flesh or Spirit. I have started lately to pray more earnestly for guidance in the small things rather than the big things. I'm finding I can't get through a day lately unless the Lord is holding my hand. This has been a very tough year for me.  Sometimes I'm OK, just treading water and then one day you wake up and feel like you're sinking.  I want to write about it but pride gets in the way.  I guess I don't want to admit that I could be capable of drowning. Of course I know that to drown would mean that I've disconnected and I pray that would never happen but it's a  scary feeling nonetheless.  Need to find my old Madame Guyon books on this "dark night of the soul" that I never could understand so many years ago. Frankly I never wanted to understand it because I refused to go there. As if I thought this beautiful mystic woman was behind me and I had leaped to a high place where I was invincible.  Ha!!  Who's laughing now!!?  I think there must be a very deep valley that we all must cross to reach the high places.  I've been teetering around the edges for so long and the past few years I feel like I've fallen in. Help me God to not fight it and just embrace it. I know that just like the voice of the Spirit to eat an egg for the health of my body; the push to stay low and glean all the emotions of despair are for a reason.  Sharing in the fellowship of His sufferings is a very deep topic for discussion.  How else can we relate to the crying out of the lost if not that we have tasted that pain in some way. The best person to help someone is one who has been there and come through. So I will leave you with my meditation for this day which is found in the Letters Of The Scattered Brotherhood:

"When trapped by walls of disappointment and tempted to panic by disordered thinking...calmness is the only solution for men, for the acts of Providence are so hidden it is hard to understand how delicate are the influences emanating from you..from your mind. There are great changes that come about in the darkest hours when there is no hope and the encircling gloom is terrifying to the heart and it is difficult for the human to understand the power of that moment. Calmness in the midst of chaos, serenity in the midst of feverish activity is the secret that all commanders must know.....the secret revealed in crises, that the soul that is calm with controlled emotion is performing an act of faith. The easier you play the game of fortitude the more relaxed you become to each challenge of impatience, the more you control your destiny. To do this you must remember your way back into the very center of your being...to that eternal fountain of refreshment within.  Otherwise you block, frustrate and delay what God is doing and a frantic spirit is a stupid one!!  Refuse this frantic littleness; stand and wait......and now go eat your eggs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment